Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I know how the little toe feels.

Well, thanks a lot, you jackasses. Everybody except a few people managed to be in my presence (or, in Lindsay's case, not) and not wish me a happy birthday. Oh well. I had fun anyway. I went to Asheville late Friday, and proceeded to smash everyone's dreams with the underwhelming Ali G movie.

And Jef decided we should start a band. I'm still set on "Dracula's Weiner" as a name, but nobody else seems to like it that much.

I don't really care, honestly.

I mean... I bet none of Robert Plant's buddies thought "Led Zeppelin" was a good name for a rock band.

Since the meaning of the name of this post may not be immediately obvious, I'll explain. Every time I go to Asheville, I always end up feeling like a vestigal limb trying to reattach itself to wherever it fell off of. Not really like a third wheel, because those are never useful in the first place. Yes, it does sound harsh.

See, everybody gets along just fine without me, just like whales and snakes get along fine without their tiny devolved thumbs and legs and so on. And when I do show back up after any prolonged absence, I'm so painfully unaware of what's been going on with everybody that I just end up sitting around and listening trying to catch up. Rarely do I have anything too interesting to talk about, so I tend not to. I dunno. Maybe I'm just sad that I can't spend enough time up there to really get back in touch with folks. Or maybe people really have outgrown me. It can be hard to tell.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

I can't outgrow you jake. you are three feet taller than me.
Usually i feel pretty isolated from the activities of the rest of our family. This is odd because i'm often quite involved in all things lorenz/johnson. Most likely this feeling comes from my occasional lack of sympithizability. Or maybe I don't see what I have till it's worth missing. Come over next week and catch up some more. We can kill some dudes in Mordhiem.

8:11 PM  
Blogger pecky said...

leave it to pecky, the human calendar. i wasn't around here to see you, but maybe next time.. give me more notice and i'll stick around.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Soterios Johnson said...

Mordheim sounds like a plan. Maybe I'll even try to cook up an Ogre warband and get stink all over yer Orcs. God, I can't believe I just posted that publicly.

11:08 AM  
Blogger santoritimes said...

If it helps, I'll be embarassed enough so that you don't have to be at all. Jeezy Creezy.

Rumor has it that you'll be up in this bitch again this weekend, and we should totally kick it for longer than the 20-odd hours you were here last weekend.

And I don't think it's fair to feel like a toe that needs to catch up until your A-ville crew actually gets off it's ass and does something. Case in point, I'm typing this while I watch james play a videogame and attempt to read some more when I don't get distracted by something awful.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home