Monday, October 10, 2005

An adventurer is you!


Well, not really. I don't know if you is an adventurer or not. I just couldn't think of much else to name this post.

Daddy Longlegs are my favorite animals as of today. The design is spartan enough to be perfect. See?

Kind of like a spider, but not exactly. Less creepy, somehow. Like six legs is okay, but eight is just weird.

This is the kind of animal that makes a kid with palsy and some Play-Doh smile and think he could be god when he grows up.

In other news, I am desperately worried about a friend of mine. In fact, really my only friend down here. I work with her, and her name's Sara. She's been having panic attacks all weekend, and some sort of depression thing going on too. I can only imagine what both of those happening at the same time could feel like. IcyHot inside your brain?

I don't even know why I'm so worried about her. I just am. I want to do something nice to try and make her feel better, but I don't know what I could do. I'm thinking about making her a CD... like a hug, but in musical form. I think it should be mellow stuff, though... so I'm having a hard time picking out songs. I think a Mountain Goats song or two would work out nicely, and maybe even Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away) by the Deftones... the acoustic version.

I feel a little guilty about the whole idea, just because I've never put this much effort into a present for Melinda. And also, I'm afraid it could be viewed as a mixtape, and we all know what those mean. Ah well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Jake it sounds like a mixed tape but what the hell right. You should do it.
I would perhaps include something like these.
The Magic Numbers; "which way to happy?"
Magnetic Feilds; "strange powers" perhaps or "sunset city"
Royksopp is kindof like venus hum which seems relevant.
I also want to suggest something from Hot hot Heat but i can't think of anything so..
the decemberist would be better. Like "Eli the Barrow boy" if it isn't to macabre ooh and "chimbly sweep". No ones life sucks compared to chimbly sweeps

basicly anything but Mortiis, dead can dance and Pulp will be just fine.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

By the way you are right about those little longlegged freaks. They are pretty cool even though they look like something from FF7. I like the picture a lot.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Soterios Johnson said...

Awesome, Pete. Thanks for the suggestions. Also, I have made a mistake. The harvestmen actually do have eight legs. So sue me. Add two more toothpicks to the palsy-kid's pile.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

troof!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home